Saturday, January 30, 2010

Update Since This Summer

Life is really flying by! I knew I had grown spiritually and as a person in general, but I didn’t realize the depth of how God had moved me until I got back on campus this past fall. God has given me a new perspective that doesn’t waste time dwelling on earthly and temporary stresses but that focuses on the eternal.

My roommate, Kali, and decided to move back into the dorms this year to lead a Bible study together. The new semester posed some hefty threats to say the least. I was scrambling to find an additional $2400 in tuition to make up for what financial aid wouldn’t cover and Kali had been thrown into Organic Chemistry and Physics upon many other challenging courses. We had high hopes for being part of reaching the women in our dorm for our King but we easily lost focus.

Thankfully, the Lord was fighting for us the whole time and we were able to come together and surrender our friendship and ministry to Him. We felt led to start praying for the women in our dorm by name each night. That was in November and we have really seen the Lord move in mighty ways. We’ve asked Him to reveal Himself and women have put their faith in Him; we’ve asked to get connected with women and they’ve come to our Bible studies or other events; we’ve asked Him to make relationships honoring to Him and women have broken up or made revisions in their relationships; we’ve prayed for women to surrender their summers and we’ve been joyfully amazed to hear them talk about going on Summer Projects (what I did in CA). I really don’t understand what exactly happens when we pray—I’m confused but also convinced! Hopefully this is encouraging to you to hear about how God is moving in our midst.

Currently, I am pursuing Elementary Education with English Language Learning (ESL) and Spanish. I would really like to teach abroad, so that is my goal. My heart is deeply burdened for children in developing countries and I really just want to run away to an orphanage and pour God’s love on them. I have absolutely no idea where I’ll be this summer but I’m praying about a couple different options. Unless the Lord closes some doors, I’m planning on studying abroad in Bilboa, Spain during the Spring of 2011. There is a Campus Crusade for Christ movement in Madrid so hopefully I could be part of that. I think that’s all I know! Thank you, thank you, thank you for everything you do and who you are in Christ. Please let me know if I can be praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment